It’s almost 2017! I had originally planned to sit for the IBCLC exam in 2017 and was so excited to find out that I could sit a year earlier than I had planned when they started offering it twice per year. I want to share with you my business and personal goals for 2017. There is a lot of power in writing down goals and working to achieve them in bite-sized pieces.
- I’m a homeschooling mother. Something I have struggled with in the past is PLANNING. I have a love/hate relationship with sitting down and planning things out. If I can plan out for a few months at a time though we are more likely to do ALL the subjects. Otherwise sometimes music or art fall by the wayside or something else will for a few weeks. I hope to start out the 2017 part of the school year well planned and with a good idea of what we hope to accomplish for school work.
- I want to go on more adventures with my kiddos and husband. I would love to explore new places in Oklahoma and visit other places nearby (including Texas and possibly even Tennessee). We have a limited vacation budget while we’re working hard to pay off debt and save for a down payment to get in to a house that’s our own so we really want to explore what this area has to offer!
- Tomorrow I will be celebrating my daughter’s 3rd birthday (and hubby’s 33rd!). I’ll be celebrating my longest time breastfeeding as well. In all, I will have breastfed 6 years and 6.5 months and counting. My daughter has some tummy issues and thank goodness after a VERY difficult first 6 months breastfeeding is smooth now and it helps her so much when she’s sick.
- I look forward to celebrating my 11 year wedding anniversary with my husband. I hope to go OUT and possibly overnight somewhere with him. Some years we have had to celebrate in or have taken a baby with us but this year I look forward on focusing on us now that our babies are all a bit older!
- I would like to practice my knitting colorwork techniques in my spare time. I also would like to make myself another sweater or maybe even 2 and make one for each of my kiddos.
- I hope that I am able to exercise more often and become healthier. I battle allergic asthma and while it’s gotten quite a bit better here, I still suffer from time to time which makes exercising very difficult. I hope that I can stay healthy this next year and have a consistent schedule to take care of myself!
- Blog: Consistently post every 2 weeks. Last year was hard preparing for the IBCLC exam. I have been working on a bunch of really great topics and posts for 2017 though and I hope to keep posting (at least) every other Friday through all of 2017.
- Blog: I want to interview some really remarkable professionals in our area including the OKC Metro Birth Professionals!
- Blog: I hope to continue to bring you more mother’s stories! If you have a story you would like to share with my readers please email me!
- Continue to offer excellent service to my wonderful clients.
- Community: Grow the Nurturing Bonds Breastfeeding Circle. Become a great resource for the members of my local community and give back.
- Share current, evidence-based information to doctors and work with local professionals that work with moms and babies. It’s so important that all professionals are sharing the same up-to-date information with new mothers.
What are your 2017 goals and resolutions?